Special Education Advocacy

If you have a child who is struggling in school we can assist you with obtaining the proper services and placement. These services may include working with you and the school district to have your child classified in order that he or she receives an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).

We Can Help You with the Following Tasks:

 – Obtain copies of your child’s testing and school files

 – Request an evaluation or a IEP meeting

 – Preparing for the IEP program meeting – Our experts can help write the IEP and make recommendations as to program and methods and materials that would be most effective with your child

 – Attending the IEP meeting with you

 – Review all evaluations and IEP forms before you sign them

 – Research prior cases that may apply to your situation

 – We can request mediation

 – We can request due process hearings

 – We can represent you in court if necessary

 – Request emergent relief

If your child is not eligible for special education services, he or she may qualify for a 504 plan. A 504 plan is designed for students with disabilities who do not require special education services, yet need accommodations in order to achieve in the general education classroom environment. Our staff can work with you and the school district to develop a 504 plan for your child.

Examples of accommodations that can be included in 504 plans that may help your child:

 – Preferential seating

 – Extended time on tests of assignments

 – Reduced homework or classwork

 – Verbal, visual or technology aides

 – Modified textbooks or audio – video materials

 – Behavior management support

 – Adjusted class schedules or grading

 – Excused lateness, absences or missed classwork

 – Pre-approved nurse’s office visits

 – Occupational or physical therapy

Contact Us

Leave us a message

250 Moonachie Rd, Ste. 200, Moonachie, NJ.

(201) 488-1825

2 Park Avenue - 20th Floor New York, NY 10016

(212) 878-6699

Powered by: