What to do when your license is suspended

If your driving privileges have been suspended, you will need to pay a Restoration Fee of $100. If the judge did not take your license in court, you must surrender it at any MVC Regional Service Center, MVC Agency offering walk-in service or mail to:

Motor Vehicle Commission
Driver Management Bureau
P.O. Box 134
Trenton, New Jersey 08650

  • Do not drive until you restore your license and receive a written notice of restoration
  • If you continue to drive while your license is suspended, you could face up to five years in jail
  • For further assistance, call MVC at (609) 292-7500

Possible reasons your license can be suspended

  • If you receive 12 or more points on your current driver record
  • Failure to appear in court or to pay fines
  • Failure to pay surcharges
  • Driving with a suspended license
  • Failure to provide proof of insurance
  • Physical or mental disqualification
  • Drug or alcohol use while driving
  • Reckless driving
  • Vehicle abandonment on a public highway
  • Fault in a fatal accident

    Contact Us

    Leave us a message

    250 Moonachie Rd, Ste. 200, Moonachie, NJ.

    (201) 488-1825

    2 Park Avenue - 20th Floor New York, NY 10016

    (212) 878-6699

    Powered by: